Saturday, November 28, 2015

Eclair Cake

Saw this recipe on Facebook, but think I can make it sugarfree...so I am going to do a variation of it and will let you know how it goes but here is the original, my changes will obviously be sugar free pudding,graham crackers and cool whip, and for the choco on top will replace powdered sugar with equivelent of Splenda...I am so proud that I completed the Thanksgiving holiday without touching one dessert....sooo I think a nice sugar free reward is in order...Eclair Cake sounds like a way to go.

4 comments:

tsquared said...

For those of us who have sugar problems I am always on the lookout for good sweet alternative deserts. Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

I will be happy to do that, my Dad is a diabetic, so I will check with Mom and see what she might have as well. Keep you posted.

hiswiserangel said...

We've started using agave nectar, it's low glycemic and doesn't have an artificial sweetener aftertaste.

Anonymous said...

If you want the taste of an actual eclair, this'll fix you right up:

1 Box Club Crackers (Yes, the name brand salted crackers. Trust me!)
2 pkgs. Vanilla instant sugar-free pudding
8 Oz. Sugar free Cool Whip
1 tub sugar free chocolate frosting (If you have a better tasting substitute, go for it!)

Fill bottom of an un-greased 9x13" pan with one layer of whole crackers. Mix the pudding as directed, and then fold in the whipped cream. Put half of this concoction over the crackers in the pan. Top with another layer of crackers, and then the remaining pudding/Cool Whip concoction. Top off with another layer of crackers.

Microwave the frosting for 20 seconds, and pour it over the top layer of crackers.

Refrigerate at least 12 hours before you try to eat them. This is VERY important because the consistency will just be wrong (and not in a good way!) if you try to eat it too soon.

Hope you like it as much as we do!

Don T.