Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Just A Closer Walk With Thee

I needed to have church...needed to connect with my Higher Power...My Lord and Savior, I have been feeling that way for a while...that nudge. There have been a few issues going on that feel heavy to me, and honestly, I am human... and have made a few comments/posts here that after a few minutes, an hour later I have felt the shame of MY words...because while yes they came from my mouth in anger, they really came from a place of hurt, and that is what I was trying to accomplish by posting them, to strike back. Ultimately, I do not wish to hurt another, regardless of who, how or what was done to me...it is not who I am, nor who I want to be...so while I removed those comments and that particular post...it has not left me...I have felt burdened by it. Maybe, that is why I felt I needed this connection...so when some good old gospel was requested it was simply a confirmation to me that yes indeed, I needed me some Church. The Good Lord works in mysterious ways...while I can never live up to the Grace he provides for me, I am forever grateful for His Mercy. I would also like to take this time to offer my sincerest heartfelt apology to anyone who had the unfortunate experience of reading that particular post. Thanks for listening...Lisa

5 comments:

Wrekreation said...

Yep, this is just a pinch better then the version/singer I had in my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdWi_5w3__w

Unknown said...

Tennessee Ernie Ford is a wonderful version too.

john said...

I tend to write out witty, clever comments and never post.
Like momma says, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Unknown said...

Not a spiritual person but I like that song, here's my fav. Played it at Pop's funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJSleH8_Io

Unknown said...

Jay, I like that version too..thanks! John, your Momma has a good point...and I try for witty too, but on occasion, I have let anger get a hold..and I usually don't put it out there, especially on here...but I did, and I just needed to get right with it.I took the post down an hour or so after I wrote it..but am sure some read it..so I can't take it back...just acknowledge my wrong.