Friday, January 8, 2016

The Abandoned Mansion, Fairfax Oklahoma

I really enjoy viewing videos of abandoned homes, I wonder where the people went, leaving their belongings, sometimes it seems in a big hurry, but I love looking at the architecture of the buildings, the design of the interiors, and just the mystery of the home/structure's lifetime. I get a little crazy at the vandalism, and yet find myself in awe at how nature demands its way inside and takes over, on occasion, adding to the beauty while causing more destruction. I also imagine the same building were it restored, realizing it is way too late for many of them. Some of these videos are filled with the commentary of the film maker, while a few are interesting, oft times, drivel...this one, I appreciated the music, and it seemed fitting for the home. I also enjoy when the history is provided about the home. The song on the video is Holding On and Letting Go by Ross Copperman, which seems appropriate for this home. I hope you enjoy. I found this video here ----->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTAY5NLuXhhxJdxmwWKskrg

No comments: