Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Marni Nixon "Ghostess With The Mostest" R I P


Hollywood's 'invisible voice' dies aged 86


The singer appeared, uncredited, on many of the biggest movie musicals of all time - dubbing the voices for Deborah Kerr in The King and I, and Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady.
She also sang the high notes for Marilyn Monroe in Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend; and "ghosted" Natalie Wood's vocals on West Side Story.
Nixon died of breast cancer on Sunday, her agent confirmed to the BBC.


4 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Loved her voice - don't here anyone sing like that anymore. Sad.

BarbaCat said...

What an interesting bit of "behind the scenes" knowledge this is! I had no idea...

Chickenmom said...

Dang keyboard! S/B 'hear' NOT 'here'....sigh....

Unknown said...

I "ain't" the grammar popo...LOL....we knew what you meant! ; P